Breakfast toast ideas – If you have picky eaters like me, you may find yourself scratching your head as to the breakfast meals that will excite them. My daughter rarely eats anything besides porridge cereals, so I went digging for ways to make bread toasts more exciting. This will be a work-in-progress post, as I’ll add more breakfast toasts as I try them out. This tomato and cheese grilled open and toasted sandwich is one of my favorite.
Easy to make breakfast toast ideas
I started with the tomato and cheese sandwich because it has become a hit in my house. It is a balanced meal that hides the vegetables well i.e the tomato. Believe me when I tell you that one slice goes a long way. It is that satiating!
What you need to make this toasted open sandwich:
Ingredients (these make 4 open sandwiches)
- Grated cheese (I used 200g)
- 4 toasted slices of bread
- Butter or margarine
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 1/4 of a small green pepper (thinly cubed – mainly as garnish)
- Black pepper for seasoning
Preheat your oven to 190°C ( 374°F)
- Toast your bread slices lightly (you will still put them in the oven so it is better to do a mild toast.
- Lightly spread your toast with butter or margarine
- Arrange the tomato slices on the toasted slices, and sprinkle and spread the grated cheese as a second layer.
- Sprinkle the thinly cubed green peppers as garnish, and season with pepper
- Put into the oven and let them grill until the cheese is totally melted and bubbling.
- Once ready, remove from oven, cool a bit and serve.
That’s all there is to this grilled tomato and cheese sandwich. You can be as generous as you can with the cheese. I prefer that it covers much of the slices. I must also mention that I forgot to spread the bread with butter, but it came out delicious anyway.
Also read: Healthy lunch sandwiches for kids
Egg in toast recipe
This is one of my favorite breakfast toast ideas. It may look humble, but it is scrumptious and quite filling. My daughter loves it to bits too! You need only bread and eggs to make this one. Enjoy!
More breakfast toast ideas are coming. I’m excited to test another one tomorrow so feel free to pin or share this post so that you can come back to it!