My love of cauliflower means that I experiment with a variety of family meals that are created around this vegetable. I have done varieties of this loaded cauliflower casserole recipe. This particular recipe is heavy in dairy and fat, making it suitable for people who are on the Keto lifestyle.
There is no reason why it cannot be part of your easy meal ideas for the family. You can go for reduced fat ingredients where possible, and even sub the bacon for something plant-based. The possibilities are endless when cooking for the family.
Items you need for this Loaded Cauliflower Casserole recipe
The recipe does not use much that you do not already own. An ovenproof dish or pan will be a great investment even for future oven recipes.
A steam basket is also invaluable to have.
See also: Healthy mashed cauliflower
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole (Keto)
This Loaded Cauliflower Casserole is a staple for Keto lovers. It is easy to tweak to a more basic meal.
- 4 cups of cauliflower florets (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 6 oz (170g) cream cheese (cut into chunks)
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 3 tbsp of butter (softened and unsalted)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 cup of shredded Italian cheese blend
- 4 strips of cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh chives
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Place the oven rack at the center position.
- 2 Steam the cauliflower until it is fork-tender (6-7 minutes). Use a steam basket on top of a pot with boiling water. Once cooked, transfer the cauliflower to cold water to prevent it from further cooking. Drain and pat dry
- 3 Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl and add the cream cheese, heavy cream, and all seasonings. Toss to combine.
- 4 Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof casserole dish, and top with shredded cheese blend and crumbled bacon.
- 5 Roast in preheated oven until the cheese has completely melted and the cauliflower browned a little.
- 6 Remove from the oven, sprinkle with fresh chives and serve.
I happily substitute the Italian cheese blend with cheddar most of the times (as it is always available in my fridge). Try the loaded cauliflower casserole recipe out, and see if your family won’t be happy.
Pin or share for friends and family!